Thursday, February 4, 2016

The month of January flew by.  It's hard to believe I painted each day, with 30 paintings posted and shared as part of Leslie Saeta's "30 Paintings in 30 Days" challenge.  I took the challenge literally, starting a new painting using the time I had available each day.  Some I am proud of and happy with, others not so much.  I was tempted to go back and fix or continue working with some, and a few I wanted to delete from the blog, but felt that was counterproductive to the challenge to simply paint.  It was important for me to paint without getting bogged down in a single painting, to loosen up and try new things, and for each day to have a fresh painting.  This was an exercise I thoroughly enjoyed and was very helpful to me.

Many thanks to Meredith Adler for introducing me to the challenge and encouraging me to participate, for explaining why I needed a blog and helping me get one set up.  That was a challenge in itself!

Going forward, I plan to spend more time with my paintings, using what I've practiced but without time constraints.  Learning to paint landscapes and farm animals remains a goal, and I have much to learn.  I love watercolors and look forward to learning new techniques and continued practice with them.  I will post from time to time, as I get paintings completed.  As always,  I am grateful for all the views and comments from friends!


   

1 comment:

  1. Julie, I really want to congratulate you for jumping into this challenge and making it work for you. I am looking forward to seeing your work as you continue to paint, and I truly hope you keep this blog going! Of course, you don't have to post everything you paint (I don't!), but just the once you feel like sharing. Anyhow, just know you have an audience who wants to see them :)

    ReplyDelete